Baby Food Makers — Make Healthy Food For Baby!
More and more parents these days are making the decision to make their own baby food, and who can blame them? How do we know what exactly goes into the jars of baby food we buy from the store? Store-bought baby food can have a lot of added preservatives and sugars that you wouldn’t want your baby to ingest. If you want to make your own baby food — and know exactly what’s going into it — your best option is to get a baby food maker, which will allow you to make delicious baby food, as easy as can be!
There are a number of different baby food makers out there, so choosing the best might be difficult. Here is a list of things to consider when you’re looking for a good baby food maker.
Benefits of Baby Food Makers: You Might Be Surprised!
There are a lot of great benefits to taking the time to research and find the perfect baby food maker. Not only do you get the benefit of knowing what’s in the food you’re feeding your baby, but there are a number of other great reasons to make your own baby food that you might not have considered.
- Saves money — Store-bought baby food can be expensive! Since the average American baby will consume around 600 jars of baby food, it’s easy to see how preparing your own food can save a lot of money.
- You know what you’re feeding your baby — As mentioned at the beginning of this article, store-bought baby foods are chock full of preservatives and added sugars. If you make your own baby food at home, you know exactly what you’re feeding your baby. Not only that, but you have all of the quality control: who knows what type of fruits and vegetables go into the pureed baby food you can buy at the store? You can even go completely organic if you want!
- Additional variety in food — If you buy jarred baby food at the store, you are limited to certain types of food. If you make your own baby food, there is really no limit to what you can use! It’s important for people (especially children!) to have a well-balanced diet. You can even add your own choices of herbs and combinations to make great, delicious food that your baby will love.
- More nutritional value — Some baby food maker models can steam the foods, which is a great way to keep all the valuable nutrients in it. The first few years of life are very important when it comes to growth and development, and having a balanced diet and all of the necessity vitamins and minerals is an essential part of it that a baby food maker will help with.
What to Consider When Shopping
- Manual or electric? — Baby food makers come in both manual and electric versions, and the first thing you should think about is which type you’d prefer. Generally, electric models are much faster and efficient, not to mention easier to use. Manual baby food makers are usually less expensive, but take manual effort to use. I would recommend an electric baby food maker over a manual one.
- Dishwasher safe & easy to clean — Having a dishwasher-safe baby food maker can be very convenient. Some baby food makers have a lot of different parts that need to be washed, and being able to throw them in the dishwasher to clean can save a ton of time! You’ll probably want a baby food maker that is easy to wipe clean and doesn’t show smudges — chrome and stainless steel are notorious for this. Just something to keep in mind.
- BPA-Free — BPA stands for Bisphenol A, a compound used in plastic parts of many food storage containers. There has been a lot of controversy over BPA recently, leaving parents concerned that it might be harmful to their children. While there is no concrete proof that BPA is harmful to humans, you might want to go with a BPA-free baby food maker for some peace of mind.
- Made of unbreakable materials — Safety is very important, and I’d strongly suggest finding a model that contains 100% unbreakable materials. It would be extremely dangerous if part of the baby food maker were to break and end up in the food.
- Which type of baby food maker? — There are several different types of baby food makers that cover a wide variety of functions. Some models will do only the most basic preparation: blending or grinding the food which you then have to cook, and some baby food makers will do everything, including the cooking! An all-in-one unit might be a good option; not only are they convenient, but countertop space is a precious resource.
- Price — Think about how much money you want to spend; I know being a parent can be expensive! The best baby food maker isn’t necessarily the most expensive one, much like many other kinds of baby items. Also, keep in mind that you will probably only be using the baby food maker for about 6 months, so
Some other things you might want to think about when searching for a baby food maker are things like features and functionality. If you want to make large batches of baby food at once, you’ll need a large capacity baby food maker. Of course, these take up a considerable amount of space on your countertops.
A steamer function is something that many parents find useful. Steaming foods, especially vegetables, is an excellent way to preserve the valuable nutrients found in the foods, and I would definitely encourage you to purchase a baby food maker with this capability. On top of helping preserve nutrients, steaming is also a great way to lock in the flavor, making great-tasting food for your baby, too!
A baby food maker can be a wonderful addition to any kitchen, allowing you to make great, wholesome and organic food for your precious little one. I think that if you give one a chance, you’ll never go back to feeding your baby store-bought baby food again! Take the time to find the a great baby food maker and I promise you’ll love it.
So, Where Should I Buy My Baby Food Maker?
I personally love Amazon for most of my baby gear needs. The great thing about Amazon’s baby products is that they offer free 365-day returns on every baby item. If you don’t like it, you can simply send it back for free, and get a full refund. How can you beat that? You can see Amazon’s great selection of baby food makers by clicking here.